I Passed

The angiogram actually went normally. No new blockages. Nothing untoward.

That *should* be the last obstacle to my getting on the transplant list.


(BTW, my editors at DC are dubious about Killhead.)

(YOU won’t be!)

( … )

(…most of you.)

15 Responses to “I Passed”

  1. Stephen Abrams Says:

    Great news. I hope that everything works out for you.

  2. Robert W. Getz Says:

    Good news, Steve. Keep it coming.

    And the “suits” at “DC” may not “get” Killhead, but the little girls understand.


  3. Starocotes Says:

    Congrats. And I hope that the editors are dubious in the “we keep it in but we don’t think it will work” kind of way and not in the “we can’t keep it in” kind of way. But since #2 is out allready (the truck with the comics for my store here in germany got lost somehow, including driver) I suppose it is in allready.

  4. Gordon Says:

    That’s great news, Steve. Donna and I are delighted…. Donna wants to know if you will be getting off the Plavex now…

  5. Steve Gerber Says:

    I assume it’ll be up to UCLA whether or not I can get off Plavix (a blood thinner).

    I hope so. The bruised look is getting a little old.

  6. L0N Says:

    Glad to hear the news! And I hate taking Plavix as well. Find that small cuts bleed more since I have been on it as well.

  7. Gordon Says:

    Well, now that you’ve passed this test, have you officially been put on the list, or is there something else you have to wait to hear about or do?

  8. Brian Spence Says:

    Congratulations! Finally, some good news.

  9. Scott Andrew Hutchins Says:

    I’m glad to hear the good news. I hope all works well with you. You don’t seem ready to follow Goulet to quickly.

  10. Steve Gerber Says:

    I’m not on the list yet. UCLA has to review the transcript and DVD of the angiogram. That should be the last step.

    I may wind up in the hospital Tuesday. I’ve been unusually short of breath lately, which would indicate some sort of inflammation and/or infection in the lungs, and it isn’t responding to outpatient antibiotics and steroids. My friendly neighborhood pulmonologist doesn’t want to take any chances. I’ve got an appointment with him Tuesday afternoon. He’ll decide then.

    I don’t plan to pull a Goulet or anything. In fact, I’m hoping the doctor will say that hospitalization isn’t necessary. I’ve got a lot of work that needs to get done — and fast.

  11. Brian Spence Says:

    I hope you’re still at home and not at the hospital. I wish there was something we could do.

  12. Alex Krislov Says:

    Congrats on getting past that obstacle, Steve. Got my fingers crossed for the list.

  13. Gordon Says:

    I’s Tuesday evening… I hope you’re not in the hospital…

  14. Steve Gerber Says:

    I’m not in the hospital, although it took some negotiation with the doctor to accomplish that. He gave me an additional antibiotic. If things haven’t improved by Friday or Monday, he still wants to admit me. I promised to call and surrender myself willingly if the symptoms get worse before then. (There is some indication of improvement — slight, but real.)

  15. Starocotes Says:

    That’s good to hear. I still hope it will get better soon and that you will be able to recieve the transplant.

    By the way, what did you do to the blog????